Who motivates you?

One of the ways to ensure that you reach the top is by surrounding yourself with others who motivate you in some kind of way to do the right thing and being more successful. One of the skills I have developed over the years is putting people around me who feed into my goals and overall plans in life. For example, I have a great friend of mines who is about 10 years older than me who tells me the ins and outs of living a healthy life while staying focus on the things that matter. Let me say, you don’t need a lot of ‘yes’ men in your life because they can get you into a lot of trouble. However, you don’t need a lot of people who shot down every idea you have to become more successful. A good balance is someone who sees where you want to be and critiques your lifestyle to ensure you still achieve your goals. If a person always talks about how hard something is or discourages you from doing anything, you need to let that person go or be very limited with the details you provide them about your life goals. A good person to have on your “A-Team” is someone who is successful in his or her own right. Let me clarify that statement, this doesn’t mean you only hang out with people who have a lot of money or who are highly educated because success isn’t only about the material things. A few people who are on my “A-Team” are folks who are faithful to their spouses, highly motivated to stay physically healthy and have positive personalities. I know to some of you guys, that list of characteristics seem detached from success. However, true success means having money while being a good morally sound person. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul? Mark 8:36 (ESV). I have learned what this means everyday because if you obtain a lot of money by being super immoral and deceitful, you will have a hard time finding someone who would want to enjoy the money with you. The way you obtain money determines how much of a good time you have in life. And I digress, when you have people who motivate you to do the right thing and achieve your goals, you become a motivator as well. Those around you will be more apt to work towards their goals. And for me, that’s one of the greatest feelings in the world, knowing that someone is achieving their goals because of the inspiration you provided.


Dr. Ronnie O’Brien Rice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to handle your divorce?

Forgive yourself. Allow yourself to succeed.

Criminal Charges and Mental Health