Stop wasting your time

As I get older, I realized that there are a lot of people who I spent my time on I don’t need to spend that same amount of time on them anymore. It is doesn’t mean that they are bad people; they just aren’t conducive to my new way of living. One way to know when you need to let certain people out of your life is simply to look at the value they bring to it. I am not saying that your friends or family needs to bring in some type of monetary value; however, they shouldn’t always be pulling from you. Family and friends are good for the tough times as well as the good times. I suggest you determine who are the folks who are with you during both periods of time. A good person brings wisdom, great advice and support during your different transitions in life. Also, I have found that you may argue with this person because they want the best for you and vice versa.

Trimming your family and friends is one of the most valuable decisions you will ever make in life. I look back on my experiences and realize that a lot of people I started off with in life aren’t there anymore. So people come and go, but the true folks are there during the tough and bad times while boasting about the good ones. I suggest that you create a checklist for those you hang around to determine their value in your life. If you are wondering why you haven’t moved to the next level in life, it may be because of your surroundings. We all are responsible for our own actions, but true friends and family will take on others’ responsibilities outside of their own to help you.


Essentially, the saying that your network determines your net worth is totally true. And it is not simply about how much money a person makes or throws your way. It is about who is going to steer you in the right direction and keep you on the right path. Some people will never tell you when you mess up or need to change your thinking because they simply do not care about your well-being. However, the people who are constantly feeding into your life are the same ones you need to bring closer to you because they may be the key to your success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to handle your divorce?

Forgive yourself. Allow yourself to succeed.

Criminal Charges and Mental Health