Having Faith and Trusting

As you embark upon your journey of becoming more successful, I want you to understand that everything is not going to be perfect. A pastor said it best that in today’s generation, there is no such thing as delayed gratification and young people have little to no experience in tough times. With that being said, this blog is to encourage those who have set goals up in front of them and may or may not have accomplished them.

For those who may have accomplished the goals that they set before them, they may be having a tough time dealing with the overall outcome of life. Some times, we think if we obtain a certain level of education, marry or divorce a person, or make a large amount of money that life will be fun and full of thrills. Let me attest that all of those accomplishments do not guaranteed happiness and joy in life. It simply means you have accomplished something else. True joy comes from being content in your situation. I am a firm believer that as long as I know my current situation is temporary and there is something greater on the other side, I am positively okay with it.

For those, who may have not accomplished everything in life they have set out to do, if you are still breathing, it is never too late. I have friends and family member who want to attend law school, obtain a doctorate degree or become millionaires, but are too scared to try something new because of their comfortable lifestyle. I think it is vital that we do not die with dreams or true desires. I think it benefits the person and those around them to continue to achieve their dreams, regardless of their financial, physical or emotional status.

Overall, a person must have faith and trust in God’s plan. Even when the tough times come calling, you have to be firm in the things that you believe. I know too many brilliant people who stopped half way through the process. Everything happens for a reason and for people who may think either wise need to understand that even their steps are guided. As long as you are true to yourself, have faith and trust in the process, there is nothing you cannot do in this world.

As a young child, I was joked about my speech impediment and was not able to effectively communicate with my family or friends. But, something told me that I could be anything I wanted to be and now I am invited to speak to various organizations across the world. Even though, I did not know exactly how I was going to do it, I trusted and kept the faith. I encourage you to do the same.

Ronnie Rice, PhD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to handle your divorce?

Forgive yourself. Allow yourself to succeed.

Criminal Charges and Mental Health